Philips Outdoor Center is a non-profit dive facility and nature center with an emphasis on environmental education, safety education, and recreation. Philips offers many low cost educational opportunities for local school children and college students as well as the general public. Our facilities also include a walking trail in addition to the diving facilities. Visits must be scheduled in advance with Leaird’s Underwater Service.
The quarry is always open but to gain access you must pay the entrance fee and get your key from Leaird’s Underwater Service. If you need Air Fills or Rental Gear during the weekend or plan on diving Sunday while Leaird’s Underwater Service is closed, please call ahead of time and schedule your visit. Thank you! Happy Diving!
To schedule a visit and entry fees, contact:
Leaird’s Underwater Service
1623 W. Jackson Street
Muncie, IN 47303
PHILIPS OUTDOOR CENTER, INC.
RULES FOR RECREATIONAL SCUBA DIVERS
1. All persons entering the grounds must have a current Statement of Understanding Waiver/Release signed and on file, agree to accept their own risks and pay use fees.
2. NO LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY.
3. SCUBA equipment shall include power inflated BC and alternate air source. 4. A personal flotation device is recommended at all times when in or on the water.
5. A shore person should be present during all SCUBA dives. The buddy system is expected.
6. Divers are to return ‘OK’ or ‘Distress’ hand signals, when on the surface, to shore personnel.
7. All scuba dives must end with at least 300 psi remaining in the tank.
8. SCUBA divers must use equipment and practices within the limits of their training.
9. All dives are to be planned as no-decompression dives.
10. Divers not subscribing to these rules will be asked to leave the grounds.